Are you looking for the ‘best VPN for browsing the Dark Web’? The Dark Web refers to encrypted online content that is not used in our daily lives by conventional search engines. It is also called the Dark Net. It is a small part of deep web which contains about 5% of the total internet. The dark web is a hidden set of internet sites and only accessible by a specialized web browser. Experts believe that only 1-4% of the web is actually visible to regular users. The rest of online activity is hidden from search engine indexing.
- The Dark Web is a decentralized network of Internet sites that routs all their communications across multiple servers and encrypts them at every step, trying to keep users as anonymous as possible. Through the dark web, private computer networks can communicate and conduct business anonymously without divulging identifying information, such as a user’s location.
- Dark Web is mainly used to keep Internet activity anonymous and private, which can be helpful in both legal and illegal applications. While some internet users use it to avoid government censorship, it is also known to be used for highly illegal activities. While the lack of public scrutiny offers unique opportunities, using the dark web without a security is very dangerous.
If the deep web represents everything online that’s not indexed by search engines, then the dark web goes even deeper. The dark web is completely off the grid; here one word comes up again and again that is TOR BROWSER. It is a personal internet browsing network and is now the backbone for accessing the Dark Web. It’s where users go for complete anonymity in their dealings, legal or otherwise.
Today we are going to discuss about the ‘Best VPN for Browsing the Dark Web’, its features, how to use it and so on.
Top 5 VPN for the Dark Web
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is necessary for accessing the dark web. It hides your IP Address and Physical Location while encrypting your internet traffic so that no one can easily tell who you are, where you are, or what you’re doing online. VPNs are used for browsing the Dark web mainly for two reasons: –
- Firstly, if you live in a country where Tor or similar browsers have been banned or blocked.
- Secondly, to prevent your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or anyone else from detecting that you’re using Tor.
It is not illegal to access the dark web. Accessing and browsing the dark web is totally legal but in reality the Dark Web is heavily associated with illegal activity. So, stay away from this and don’t browse the Dark Web for your curiosity.
PrivateVPN is a VPN provider based in Sweden. It was founded in 2009, owned by Privat Kommunikation Sverige AB. The company has VPN servers in over 60 countries and supports a wide range of VPN protocols, provides unlimited bandwidth and allows you to torrent freely. It is uniquely designed to protect your privacy while browsing. Using 256-bit encryption, WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication), protection against IPv6, DNS leaks and a kill switch, PrivateVPN keeps your internet traffic safe from prying eyes. There is good news for the users that PrivateVPN supports Tor over VPN connections. This makes it especially great for use with Tor.
- A very fast service with powerful security features, a zero-logs policy, and strong multi-platform support.
- Faster than most other VPNs and allows Tor-over-VPN connections.
- It can unblock Netflix, Hotstar, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO and BBC iPlayer etc.
- All servers support P2P activity and the list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
- PrivateVPN doesn’t offer 24/7 live chat support.
- Small network of servers.
- The server switching process may be slow.
- No browser VPN extensions available.
You can connect up to six devices at a time through the PrivateVPN and the ability to connect six different devices at once means you’re going to have more than enough coverage for everyone. PrivateVPN supports all kinds of operating systems including Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Fire TV and Routers.
WEBSITE: – www.privatevpn.com
Surfshark is a VPN service company based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Surfshark company offers products such as a virtual private network (VPN) service, a data leak detection system and private search tool. Surfshark was launched in 2018 by introducing its first VPN application for iOS devices. It operates over 3,000 servers in 65 countries and also offers unlimited bandwidth and allows Torrenting. It has a strong security features include 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS, protection against IPv6 and WebRTC leaks. Most importantly, this service doesn’t log any information that could identify you. There is also an automatic ad-blocker, split tunneling functionality and a NoBorders feature that lets you bypass VPN blocking.
- It is a best budget VPN. Zero logs, tons of servers, and strong layer of security.
- Strong global server presence and smooth user experience.
- This is a good speed VPN and there is no connection limit
- Smooth streaming of geo-blocked content and unblocks major streaming services abroad.
- Unlimited simultaneous devices and privacy-friendly jurisdiction.
- Limited P2P Servers and weak social media presence.
- Customer Support isn’t always up to par (Equal).
- Company could be more transparent.
Privacy-conscious internet users can pay in three different Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum, which makes it easy to sign up anonymously. Surfshark is available on virtually every platform, including Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android. It even supports smart TVs including Fire TV and Apple TV, consoles like the Xbox Series X and PS5 along with browsers including Google Chrome and Firefox. This service has no connection limit, meaning you can protect every device you own.
WEBSITE: – www.surfshark.com
CyberGhost is a top VPN to access the dark web safely. It is a secure VPN service. The CyberGhost VPN uses a powerful encryption ciphers and contains a variety of tunnelling protocols. CyberGhost has over 5,800 servers across 85+ countries, all guaranteeing you a high-speed and low-delay connectivity. CyberGhost does not have any Tor-specific features, but you will have considerable protection when using the ‘Surf Anonymously’ option and the Tor browser. It also offers an additional NoSpy server package which is perfect if you want to hide your Tor usage from your ISP. It provides a strong security features that includes 256-bit encryption, WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication), a kill switch (in every version of the app), protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks along with automatic malware-scanning and ad-blocking.
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, ESPN, BBC iPlayer, Comedy Central, Sky Go, Eurosport and so on.
- All security features enabled by default, No logging policy, fast and secure network.
- All CyberGhost apps are compatible with Tor browser.
- It provides a huge network of high-speed servers.
- 24/7 customer support via multiple channels is always appreciated, especially by new VPN customers.
- It does not provide many customizable features.
- Limited payment options are available.
- Dodgy data jurisdiction and anonymity.
CyberGhost is available for Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android devices. It also works with Linux systems and internet routers through manual configuration. CyberGhost supports torrenting and Bitcoin payment method. It allows up to seven simultaneous connections per account.
WEBSITE: – www.cyberghostvpn.com
ExpressVPN is a VPN service offered by the British Virgin Islands-registered company Express VPN International Ltd. The software is marketed as a privacy and security tool that encrypts users’ web traffic and masks their IP addresses. This is another great choice for anyone who wants to access the Dark Web anonymously. It is also one of the most powerful VPNs for unblocking and offers the fastest speeds of any service. ExpressVPN provides consistently high speeds and currently operates over 3,000 servers globally, so getting a low-latency connection shouldn’t be too difficult. It uses 256-bit AES encryption and protects you from IPv6, DNS and WebRTC leaks and there is also a network lock (also known as a kill switch) option available that stops sending data whenever you lose your connection unexpectedly.
- Excellent security and privacy and all servers support P2P activity.
- No logging policy, choice of many protocols and a huge number of server locations are available.
- Each ExpressVPN subscription supports 3 simultaneous connections to the Internet.
- It allows Torrenting and provides a fantastic customer support.
- There’s a lot to love about ExpressVPN, but its intuitive user interface is perhaps its single best feature.
- Slightly more expensive than others VPNs.
- Doesn’t offer much control over advanced functionality.
- Some servers may be slower than others.
ExpressVPN works with everything such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook computers, Android, iOS, Nook HD, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Kindle Fire, Android TV systems, Surface RT mobile devices and so on. It is Tor compatible and you will be able to connect up to 5 devices under one license. ExpressVPN accepts Bitcoin as payment and even hosts a mirror site on the dark web that can only be accessed via Tor, so you can sign up with complete anonymity.
WEBSITE: – www.expressvpn.com
NordVPN is considered as one of the best VPN for dark web. It was developed by NordSecurity, a company that builds cybersecurity solutions founded by Tom Okman. Its offices are located in Lithuania, United Kingdom, and Netherlands. NordVPN provides over 5,600 servers across 59 countries worldwide. It operates one of the largest networks on the market. This VPN offers a great security features including 256-bit AES encryption, protection against WebRTC, automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning, DNS leaks, IPv6 and an app-specific kill switch. Despite some downsides, NordVPN is one of the best all-around VPNs on the market. It offers top notch security features, strict no-log policy, fast speeds, and a lot of servers. You can even connect to a Tor over VPN server, removing the need to install the Tor browser at all. Whether you are torrenting, streaming, or need double security, NordVPN offers a good way to maintain your privacy.
- Great digital security, strict no-logging policy and it provides a great speed.
- Thousands of fast servers are available worldwide and also provides specialized servers for Tor over VPN.
- Excellent customer support.
- Numerous customizable security features.
- Double the protection with double VPN.
- Kill switch prevents privacy compromise and no DNS leaks.
- If you’re paying monthly, it can get rather expensive.
- Connecting takes slightly longer on the desktop app.
NordVPN provides Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Firestick, Xbox, PlayStation and Linux apps but it can also be manually installed on wireless routers. You can protect up to six devices with a single account. Privacy-conscious internet users can pay in three different Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Ethereum or Ripple, which makes it easy to sign up anonymously. For another layer of anonymity, you can choose to pay through these currencies.
WEBSITE: – www.nordvpn.com
Hope you enjoy this article on ‘Best VPN for Browsing the Dark Web’. If you have any query, please comment. THANK YOU & don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Nowadays, more than 6000 new computer viruses are created and released every month. The most expensive computer virus of all time was ‘MyDoom’, it caused 38.5 billion$ of damages. In 1990, there were only 50 known computer viruses but now there are more than 48, 000 viruses.